Thursday, February 10, 2011

Digestive cookies

I often get a craving for baking in the late evening, and indeed, tonight was one of those nights...

I'm thinking about making a New York style cheesecake tomorrow. That's why I decided to make digestive cookies myself tonight so that I can use it as a base for my tomorrow's cheesecake. Oh... by the way, some people might already know by now that I love making stuff from scratch.. (have you seen my lemon curd and dulce de leche ?)

These cookies are extremely easy to make. Mix everything up, put them together, rest, bosch in the oven. It's nice as it is or with butter, jam, cream, etc. And of course, it's great for a cheesecake or tart base too! :)

Ingredients;

Plain flour 80g
Wholemeal 80g
Brown sugar 40g
Honey 40g
Margarine 50g
Milk 30g
Baking powder 3g
Salt pinch

1. Melt margarine in the microwave.
2. In a bowl, combine sugar, honey, milk and melted margarine. Mix well.
3. Sift flour, wholemeal, baking powder and salt together into 2. Mix well to form a dough. Wrap the dough with cling film and rest it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Roll out the dough on a baking sheet to about 3mm thick.
5. Make square shapes with a knife and little holes with a fork. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment