Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mexican Churros

Churros is a nice finger snack, which originated in Spain and popular in Latin American countries.

I first came to know this unique shaped guy when I was at school in Japan. A very popular doughnut company started selling it. At first I thought it didn't look like a doughnut but the name sounded cute..., so gave it a try. It was like a new sensation to my doughnut world! Ever since then, I'm a big fun of Churros:D

A Mexican chain restaurant in London has it on their dessert menu too. Very delicious:)

Today, I made a little twist to the recipe by adding pistachio, which gives it a hint of nutty flavour in every bite. Some are straight and the others are curly funny shape... it's a great fun to make! Just be super careful when you deal with the hot oil.

To see the recipe, visit The World of Sweets Recipes, Mexico.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment