Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Beautiful Sponge Cake 2

As I mentioned on Beautiful Sponge Cake, the key to a successful sponge cake is "be gentle"... Yes, that's it. A careful preparation with eggs will make all the difference.

This time, I went for the egg separating method (...I don't know the proper way of calling it... if anyone know, please let me know...). I didn't use any raising agent, but only with the power of eggs it turned out really well. I'm making Tres Leches with it. Good start so far. :D

It's simple and easy. All you have to do is... yes... "be gentle".

Ingredients:

1. Preheat the oven to 180º. Melt butter.
2. Beat egg yolk and sugar (50g) until its colour turns whiter and the texture becomes fluffier.
3. Beat egg white and sugar (1tbsp)  until it stands up in soft peak.
4. Gently fold 2 into 3.
5. Sift flour into 4. Gently fold in.
6. Pour melted butter and vanilla extract into 5. Gently fold in.
7. Pour 6 into a cake tin. Bake it in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.

Egg yolk 2
Sugar 50g
Egg white 2
Sugar 1tbsp
Flour 50g
Butter 30g
Vanilla extract 1/2 tsp

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment