Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Singaporean pancake, Kueh Dadar

We've had a hairy coconut that Andy bought a few weeks ago. To be honest I didn't know what to do with it...  but this evening, Andy finally decided to cut it. Not only that he even grated it for me to use for this beautiful pandan green cake called Kueh Dadar from Singapore.

As soon as I started cooking the coconut, the kitchen was filled with an exotic flavour and I tasted bits of it, ... ooh, amazing... I was like "it's gonna be good...";)

The pancake's colourful green is from the Pandan flavouring which I got when I was in Malaysia. Pandan leaf is widely used in South Asian cooking, and known for its unique flavour.

When you bite into it, the exotic taste expands in your mouth.... I didn't know the freshly made sugary coconuts are so addictive...;)

To see the recipe, visit The World of Sweets Recipes, Singapore.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment