Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sweet potato cake for Peru

From my whole Sunday afternoon research, (ok.., maybe not literary but at least a good few hours...) I came to a conclusion that sweet potato is originally from Peru. And it is true that sweet potato is often used in South American cuisine including some desserts.

...So..., there were three sweet potatoes looking at me for last couple of days. I thought, "well... maybe it's time to say thanks and bye to them...". I mashed them and turned them into a lovely moist sweet potato cake. I'm going to give the credit of this treat to Peru, the origin of Ipomoea batatas. (that's what the sweet potatoes called there.)

To see the recipe, visit The World of Sweet Recipe Peru.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment