Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cherry dots cake

With the cherries I made on the other day (see my lovely Homemade cherry in syrup), I made cherry cake. And I decided to call it Cherry dots cake because the cherries in it looks like cherry dots (well, tell me it's not a very creative name, is it... )

A moist and hearty texture is a great company with afternoon tea, or beer in today's case;) Thanks to Brian and Andy for tasting this dotted cake in the pub.

It's an extremely easy recipe but tastes great! You can of course use a tinned cherry too.

Ingredients;

Flour 180g
Almond powder 50g
Butter 100g
Sugar 100g
Egg 2
Cherries in syrup 150g

1. Melt butter. Pre-heat the oven to 180º
2. Beat egg and sugar until it's fluffy.
3. Add 1 and 2 tbsp cherry syrup into 2, and mix well.
4. Fold flour and almond powder into 3.
5. Fold cherries into 4.
6. Pour 5 in a cake tin. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 50 minutes.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment