Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dulce de Leche

I've wanted to make this for ages but I always thought it would be difficult and a hard work.
However, tonight, my heart was set for a kind of cooking that requires patience, so I told my self... "why not try this..."

Actually, to make Dulce de Leche is not too difficult. All you need is a patience since it takes time for milk to thicken and turn into caramel colour.

After an hour of work, I tasted the smooth milky caramel... I was like..."What the...! this is too delicious....! It's already late in the night. I shouldn't have too much sugar. I should put this away somewhere I can't reach..." In other words, please try it... Dulce de Leche will go well with cakes, icecream, bread, cheese... pretty much anything...

Ingredients;


Milk 400ml
Sugar 100g
Baking soda 1/2 tsp
Vanilla extract 1tsp
Salt pinch

1. Add milk, sugar, baking soda and salt in a pan, and bring it to boil.
2. Turn the heat to medium and keep stirring until the mixture thickens and turns into caramel colour.
3. Cook until the mixture is smooth caramel sauce consistency. Poor in a bowl and cool it in the fridge.


Dulce De Leche

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment