Saturday, January 29, 2011

Lamington

Lalala.. lamingtons...Popular cake in Australia. Aussies even have a day called "National Lamington Day", awesome....

This time I made the sponge and the three types of coating myself (lemon curd, dark chocolate and white chocolate), but if you can't be bothered, then get a ready-made sponge (or you can even use a left-over sponge...) and a jar of lemon curd.

The sweet and sour lemon curd soaked nicely into the sponge, and hint of coconut flavour is ....hummm, yummy...

And of course, it's all about presentation...three lamingtons nicely wrapped in a bag with WOS sticker (oh, YES!), ready to put smile on people's face:D

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

2 comments:

  1. These are really popular in new zealand too - especially raspberry lamingtons. speaking of australasian cakes ... is a pavlova a cake, and if it is, are you going to make one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers for your comment. Yep, I shoud try the raspberry one next time.
    I'm not sure Pavalova is a cake nor not. But it is a lovely dessert and I did make it on the other day... Check out my older post:)
    http://theworldofsweetsdiary.blogspot.com/2011/01/pavlova.html

    ReplyDelete