Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Plum cupcake

I love seeing colourful winter veges and fruits sitting neatly at the market stall on a beautiful sunny day like today:) There are lots of plums around now, and we got so many of them on the other day. They were still a bit sour after a week, so I decided to turn them into plum cupcakes;)

First of all, I made plum compote. When I cut the plums into chunky pieces, I thought..."humm, it's a bit more than I thought...". But when they were being cooked, an amazing amount of water came out and eventually they sized down to 1/3.

Plum and almond got on really well, so I mixed almond powder with flour.

Smelling beautiful, I could already tell those cakes were going to be tasty when they were still in the oven.

Here they are out of the oven..., ooh..., they're really really lovey:) The taste of slightly sour but sweet plum, and the nutty flavour and texture of almond...

Honestly..., really good.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment