Thursday, January 13, 2011

Last night experiment, Cottage cheese cake

I'm nowhere near Heston Blumenthal, but I love experiment.

Last might I saw a pot of cottage cheese, sitting in the fridge, waiting to be used up. So, I got up and started to sift flour, not really knowing what I was doing yet.

After a bit of calculation about the ingredients, I took my best friend, Electric Mixer. Mix, mix, fold, and bosch in the oven.

The result was... It looked alright..., tasted alright too.
I was like a lighter cheese cake. Cottage cheese is much less in fat compared to cream cheese, so this outcome is not too surprising.

The verdict... the experiment was fairly successful.

The recipe might need a bit of change, but if you like...

Ingredients;

Flour 100g
Sugar 100g
Strained Cottage Cheese 300g
Egg 1
Vanilla extract 1tsp
Dry fruits 100g

1. Sift flour.
2. Mix egg and sugar together until it's fluffy.
3. Add vanilla extract and cheese in 2, and mix well.
4. Fold 1 and dry fruits into 3.
5. Bake in the pre-heated oven (180ยบ) for 50 minutes.


Cottage Cheese

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment