Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ma'amoul

This nuts filled cookie-like pastry is a popular treat at festive times in Lebanon and some other Middle Eastern countries. The authentic recipe uses a special wooden mould to shape the dough. Unfortunately, I didn't have the mould not anything similar that I could use, so this time I shaped the cookies with my hands.

To be honest, it was bit tricky as my hands are quite small, and the dough was quite crumbly. All in all, I managed to shape them ok, and most importantly, they tasted pretty awesome. It is like a chewy shortbread. A rich flavour of nuts and orange filled my mouth nicely.... yum..:)

To see the recipe, visit The World of Sweets Recipes, Lebanon.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment