Thursday, March 31, 2011

Wattalapam

So far, I've already tried some puddings for The World of Sweets. Here is another one from Sri Lanka called "Wattalapam". It's a spicy coconut custard pudding.

Ooh, I loved it... this might be the best pudding I've ever tasted... huh? do I always say the same thing when I eat a pudding?... well, who cares, it's just so simply GOOD!  ops sorry, I got bit too excited...

Every spoonful you'll be hit by the spices and the sweetness of raisins hidden in the smooth coconut custard. And of course, don't forget the golden syrup. This guy really plays an important role here since it adds more character to the already-rich pudding;)

To see the recipe, visit The World of Sweets Recipes, Sri Lanka.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

1 comment:

  1. This recipe doesn´t work. You have to bake it in bain-marie otherwise you will finish with sweet scrambled eggs instead of creamy and smooth custard... Bake it on 140°C for 50-60 minutes.

    ReplyDelete