Monday, March 7, 2011

Tapioca banana pudding

Next few weeks, I'm borrowing my mum's kitchen to try out some Asian recipes (and of course, some sweets from other places too;D). So..., we're going to start with a full of exotic flavour and texture, Tapioca Banana Pudding!

Those dried tapioca that we find in super markets look quite different when it's cooked. When I put the tapioca in a pot, I knew I shouldn't put too much because it will soak up water and get bigger (A bit like pop corns in a way....) However, I couldn't help myself and put a little too much and ended up a pot full of tapioca! Anyway, I love its' unique texture popping in my mouth. Humm, yum yum;)

This is called pudding but it's not like the egg based pudding such as creme brulee or caramel pudding. Tapioca pudding is more like a thick soup. Bananas and tapioca give this desserts a real stickiness and coconut milk brings all together.

The Tapioca pudding recipe is not too strict. Adjust the sweetness as you like as well as the amount of bananas;)

To see the recipe, visit The World of Sweets Recipe, Cambodia.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment