Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Mamon

Mamon is a very simple sponge cake from Phillippines. They are very easy to make, taste homely. They are what I call "no-frills cake".

But, don't get me wrong. These individually baked sponge cupcakes are nice tea time snack. In a way, they remind me of my childhood, make me feel a little nostalgia... They're great as they are, but if you like sweeter ones, try adding sprinkle of icing sugar on top. Huum, gorgeous;)

You can easily finish a couple (or even more!) of these soft and light little sponge cakes in one go!

To see the recipe, visit The World of Sweets, Phillippines.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

2 comments:

  1. hi, im interested in making mamon... I followed the link for the recipe... i would love to try to make mamon one of this day... just one question... when do you put in the flour... it doesnt say on the method when to use it. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi joy, Thanks for your comment and spotting the missing part in the recipe. Flour needs to be added after you combined all the other ingredients. Sift flour in and gently fold so that you will get a nice light texture. ;-) Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete