Monday, April 4, 2011

Macha Financier

On the other day, we took a day trip to France to get some nice bits there. Aaah, I love french supermarket. Especially, their kitchen section has more variation of baking moulds.
There I found a petite financier mould made with silicon, which make up 20 small financiers. Very pretty... immediately..., it was in the shopping basket...

So... today, I used my lovely new mould to try a French-Japanese fusion cake, Macha Financier. I love macha. It is another taste of home for me;) A table spoonful of macha powder is enough to get the unique flavour and beautiful green colour of macha (see the picture!) :D

A hint of macha flavour in the light yet moist almond cake really made me want to have a strong Japanese Hojicha. Great way to feel the French and Japanese in the same mouthful!

Ingredients;

Egg white 3
Almond powder 50g
Flour 50g
Sugar 120g
Macha powder 1tbsp
Butter (Melted) 130g

1.Preheat the oven to 200º. Beat egg white until it's fluffy.
2. In a bowl, mix together almond powder, flour, sugar and macha powder.
3. Make a well in the centre of 2, and pour 1 into it. Fold in lightly.
4. Add melted butter into 3, fold in.
5. Pour the mixture into a financier mould.
6. Bake in the preheated oven (200º)for 12 minutes or until the edge of financiers become slightly brown.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment