Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Basboosa

I don't know why, but I've always thought Middle Eastern sweets are quite complicated to make. That might be the reason why I haven't tried many recipes from those places. However, today I'm happily admit that I was WRONG!

This semolina cake from Egypt, Basboosa, is so simple to make. It's also a great recipe for those who are looking for something different from normal flour cakes. Semolina's slightly gritty texture seems to work nicely for absorbing the lemon syrup as well as making a good combination with coconut flakes.

One bite, you'll feel the juiciness expands in your mouth followed by exotic flavour of semolina and coconut:)

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment