Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Strawberry yeast bread - 2.

Strawberry Yeast Bread - 1.

How to make Strawberry Yeast.

Two weeks ago I posted about my strawberry yeast bread, which I made by using the straight method. Last weekend, I made a lovely crusty loaf with my strawberry yeast again but by using a different method.

This time, I made a starter from strawberry yeast liquid, which obviously took more time to prepare, but watching my starter grow is one of the things I love about bread making (of course, eating is the best!). I honesty believe 'patience' is the key to a good baker. ;) Anyway, to bake this loaf, it took me about one week from start to finish.

I baked the loaf in a cast iron pot in order to get a crusty outside. It worked pretty well. The out side was nice and crusty but inside was still soft and springy thanks to the milk I added to the dough.

I baked the bread in the morning, went off to work, came back after a whole day in the kitchen, went straight to my loaf, and quite literally destroyed the whole thing. I was that hungry and the loaf was that nice...


I had some with cheese... Simple is the best. ;)

Fish in the middle for Andy. :)

Here, I shared on BON APPETIT. how to make Strawberry yeast starter.
and

Enjoy watching your starter grow!


Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment