Thursday, May 23, 2013

Orange & Chocolate pound cake

I made this Orange and Chocolate pound cake for Lana's nursery teachers who have been very nice to Lana (and me) since she started going there in April.

It's a variation of vanilla pound cake. The basic ingredient for a pound cake is equal amount of eggs, sugar, flour and butter (I usually weigh the eggs so that I know exactly how many grams of other ingredients I need), and you can vary it by adding chocolate, jams or flavourings whatever you fancy.

For this cake, I divided the batter into two potions and added orange juice to one, and chocolate to the other. For the butter cream, I added orange marmalade and also poured marmalade syrup over the cake before I sprinkled it with bits of dark chocolate and white chocolate.


I had a slice to taste it. It was lovely. Nice and moist, the refreshing flavour of orange went really well with the chocolate and the sweet butter cream.

The nursery teachers loved the cake too. They told me more cakes are welcome any time...;)


Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment