Sunday, May 5, 2013

こどもの日パン。Children's Day bread.

Today is こどもの日 (Children's day) in Japan, so I made these fish shaped buns for Lana (I've explained the reason for the fish shape here a few years ago.)

These buns are what I call 'super soft' white rolls made with my banana yeast starter. By adding a whole ripe banana and two egg yolks, the buns become really soft and lovely which I like and is very different from the hard crusty sourdough breads (Oh, don't get me wrong, I love them too!)

They are so simple, nice as is or go very well with cheese, jam, and also great as BBQ sausage or burgers... They very versatile;)

Anyway, Happy Children's Day to all the little kids and big kids out there!

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment