Monday, May 27, 2013

Banoffee Pan

I turned an all time classic dessert into bread... It's not Banoffee pie, but Banoffee 'Pan'. ;D

I used my banana buns as the base and added a couple of spoonfuls of caramel in the dough. When it came to shaping, I rolled in the caramel and twisted the dough so that the sauce spreads evenly.

They were indeed really nice sweet buns. The sticky and sweet caramel was a great combo with not-so-sweet banana bun. Those oozed out caramel was simply awesome....

I prepared the caramel too... it's actually super easy! Just cook the tinned condensed milk in a boiling water for 2 hours, cool it down (don't open it while it's hot or it'll explode!), and pop it open, you will see a nice caramel inside;)

Recipe for Banana Buns.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment