Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ice cream & Meringue

I've been expressing my love for ice creams many times on this blog. So far, I've tried making some of them from scratch such as Indian kulfi, Persian ice cream and so on...

I have to admit that making ice creams can be time consuming, and to be very honest with you...., sometimes I can't be bothered to go for that effort... ( Oh! what a lazy thing to say as a sweets lover...) We found a very useful product for one of those lazy days, an instant ice cream mix! With this packet of powder, it's so easy to make ice cream! All you need to do is mix with water and freeze it. It takes only a minute or so (but of course, not including the freezing time.)

I tried this super easy ice cream mix yesterday. I made it quite soft, which was almost like a milk shake. Since I made little effort to prepare the ice cream, I decided to put a bit of sophistication on the topping. I made vanilla and pistachio meringue to go with it.

Even when you "cheated a bit", a little bit of extra effort (I believe making meringue was good enough...) does make all the difference! The super easy ice cream and chewy meringue were indeed a perfect treat on a hot day!

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment