Monday, June 13, 2011

Marble bread - Strawberry flavoured

I've been learning lots of techniques about bread making at work. This pretty marble patterned bread is one of those breads that we make at the bakery (where I bake breads for happy customers. ;D )

So... today, I'd like to share how to make marble pattern! Once you know how to,  it's pretty easy and every time the pattern is slightly different, which make it fun to make this bread!

First of all, here is the recipe...

Strong flour 200g
Plain flour 100g
Sugar 25g
Dry Yeast 7g
Milk (lukewarm) 175ml
Butter 25g
Egg 1
***For coloured dough***
Strawberry flavouring 1 tbsp
Sugar 1 tbsp
Strong flour 2 tbsp

1. Combine milk and dry yeast and set it aside until it's foamy.
2. In a large bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients and mix by hands. When the mixture becomes together, place it on a floured surface and kneed until it's nice and smooth.
3. Place the dough in a bowl, cover it with cling film and rest until it is twice its original volume.
4. When the dough has risen, punch it to get the air out of the dough. Kneed the dough for a few minutes.
5. Take out 100g of dough. Cover the remaining dough in order to keep it from drying.
6. Combine all the ingredients for the coloured dough with the 100g of dough. Kneed until it is well blended.
7. Grease the loaf tin. 
8. Make marble pattern. See the illustration...
9. Place the dough carefully into the loaf tin.
10. Prove the dough for 1 hour or so.
11. Bake in the preheated oven (200º) for 40 minutes.


I hope my illustration is clear enough, but feel free to leave me a comment if you're not quite sure...

All in all, my strawberry marble bread came out well. I was expecting to get more of strawberry flavour but it was very subtle. The texture was good and it wasn't sweet, which is what I like for a loaf of bread. If you like it sweeter, try increasing the amount of sugar a bit. 

It is great sliced thick and toasted... with a knob of butter... Humm, nothing can beat the freshly home baked loaf... ;D

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

2 comments:

  1. The loaf was delicious!!! Thanks, Yumi! No - I didn't eat all of it, Mahalia and Skyla had some, too! Just a little bit, mind. B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm glad you guys enjoyed it ;D

    ReplyDelete