Friday, June 3, 2011

Majarete

Majarete is a very smooth and delicate pudding from Dominican Republic. This sweet corn dessert has got the natural sweetness and the starchy texture from the corn, which is very addictive.

Traditionally this pudding is made from corn cobs, but this time I used a shortcut with a tinned cream of corn... (call me lazy... but I did make an effort of straining the mixture to make the pudding nice and smooth!)

After cooling it in the fridge, the pudding was nicely set but still very smooth when I put a spoon in. It was literally melt-in-mouth...  It is such a delicate dessert, and so addictive that I, in fact, couldn't help having another cup!

To see the recipe, visit The World of Sweets Recipes, Dominican Republic.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment