Monday, June 6, 2011

Corn cake

My recent favourite is Corn! The last post was about the amazing sweet corn pudding, Majarete. This time I used corn meal to make corn muffins. I didn't used any flour but only corn meal to see how the texture would be.

The cake mixture wasn't as elastic as the normal flour cake mixture and looked slightly gritty but the lovely smell of corn meal was really promising...

After being in the oven for 30 minute, they turn nice golden colour. The wholesome smell of corn was so inviting that I couldn't help trying one as soon as they're out of the oven...

So..., here is my verdict on my experimental corn cake...
The surface is crusty but the inside is pretty moist. The overall texture was a little bit dry so it's nice to have them with maple syrup, jam, whipped cream..., basically anything that you can find in your fridge:)
They're slightly more savoury than the flour cup cake so great for breakfast too!

Ingredients;

Corn meal 130g
Butter 130g
Sugar 100g
Egg 2
Baking powder 1 tsp
Vanilla extract 1/2 tsp

1. Preheat the oven to 180º. Cream butter and sugar together until it's fluffy.
2. Add egg  and vanilla extract into 1. Mix well.
3. Fold corn meal and baking powder into 2.
4. Pour the mixture into cup cake mould. Bake in the preheated oven (180º) for 30 minutes.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment