Friday, June 10, 2011

Tomato jam

Tomato is one of my favourite vegetable. Especially in the summer, I eat them not only in my salad but also just as a snack, lovely...

On the other day I got a bag-full of tomatoes in different sizes from a veg & fruit stand, and I decided to try making that amazing tomato jam I had in Spain. I love the vivid red sweet jam so much that I had it almost anything when I was there...

So..., my tomato jam is dead simple! All you need is tomatoes (1.2kg), sugar (500g), a red pepper, and a teaspoon of lemon juice. I cut the tomatoes and pepper, and cooked them with lemon juice in a pot for a little while. Then I started adding sugar. I've used 500g of sugar but the amount of sugar can be changed depending on your taste:) Here, you need a little bit of patience.... you've got to simmer the jam down until it becomes half its volume... it does take time, but I promise, it's worth it! Soon, you'll smell of nice sweet tomatoes...

I had my home made tomato jam with Camembert. Unfortunately I was too hungry to prepare those fried Camembert I had in Spain, but this would do for now!

Verdict... simply awesome...! I can't wait to try it on some other stuff. I'm thinking of vanilla ice cream...
Any recommendations?

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment