Monday, June 20, 2011

Experimental Vegan cake

Just so you know... I don't eat meal but I'm not a Vegan... I can't give up my cheese, milk, cream nor eggs...

Not being a Vegan didn't keep me from trying a piece or two nice looking vegan cake at Taste of London. And they definitely inspired me to try something a little different from my normal cupcake.

First thing...first.. a recipe... There was not much I can do than just try it out... So, I've measured the ingredients that I believe "vegan"... Since I wasn't using any dairy products or eggs, I wanted to give my cake something else to make it taste nice.
This time I opted for "Nuts". I used hazelnut oil, almond paste powder and hazelnut syrup to make it extra nutty! To give a nice crunchy texture, I also added dried fruits.

Let's see.... how they came out from the oven... Although I put baking powder, the cakes didn't rise...;( However, they were really aromatic... nutty;)
One bite... huummm... they were very crusty... almost like a shortbread in a way nice... Good almond flavour and crunchy bits of dried fruits are definitely a nice kick... I would have like them to be more moist...

All in all... I think it was a good "experiment".. but the recipe needs some work.... I'll try again to make them more moist... See what I can come up with... will keep you updated...

If you like to know... here is what I've done...

Ingredients;

Flour 50g
Almond paste powder 20g
Sugar 20g
Baking powder 1/2 tsp
Hazelnut oil 50ml
Hazelnut syrup 1 tbsp
Dried fruits 2 tbsp

1. Preheat the oven to 180º. Combine flour, almond paste powder, sugar, and baking powder together. Mix well.
2. Pour hazelnut oil and syrup into 1 and mix.
3. Fold dried fruits into 2.
4. Bake in the preheated oven (180º) for 15 minutes.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment