Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Maria Luisa cake

When I came across this cake, I just loved the name and knew I'd love to make one! So, today was the day that I finally met (or made...) my Lady Maria Luisa... (does anyone know who that is, by the way?)

This cake is similar to Victorian sponge cake since it is filled with jam. However, there is one thing that makes this popular Colombian treat unique... Yes! Dulce du leche! Oooh, once again.., my favourite milky caramel has come into play! (See home made dulce de leche) With the raspberry jam, I've spread a generous amount of dulce de leche.

A slightly denser sponge with a hint of orange juice..., melt-in-mouth icing sugar followed by intensive kick of jam and caramel....Humm, what a treat! Absolutely delicious!

To see the recipe, visit The World of Sweets Recipes, Colombia.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment