Monday, May 23, 2011

Bojo cake

Bojo cake (oh..,I like the name Bojo..., isn't it cute...?) is a flourless cake from Suriname. It's made from cassava and coconuts, and extremely moist and full of rich flavours.

I'd eaten cassava many times but never made a cake before, and since the recipe doesn't include any sort of flours, to start with I wasn't 100% convinced this was going to work.
However, as soon as I started mixing the grated cassava and coconut flakes, and cinnamon, rum and raisin went in it... my doubt was gone... it was looking and smelling good:) With the starch from cassava all the ingredients were nicely combined and looked pretty much like a normal flour cake mixture.

After 45 minutes or so..., the kitchen was filled with lovely coconut flavour...
Hummm, irresistible... one bite... two bites... a whole piece... The sweetness of coconuts, hint of cinnamon and rum... unique chewy texture from cassava... All the ingredients play their each part perfectly in this cake... Simply gorgeous :)

To see the recipe, visit The World of Sweets, Recipes, Suriname.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment