Thursday, May 26, 2011

Nutty cookie

Peanut butter is one of my many food addictions. Time to time I treat myself with a jar of crunchy peanut butter and a spoon to tuck straight in to the jar...

Yesterday, Andy said..."I fancy cookies this Saturday..." and immediately my baking brain switched on and thinking "Oh, there is some peanut butter left in the fridge and we've got that nice almond butter..., hummm that will work nicely..."

So... this morning, I quite literally rushed into the kitchen to try out my nutty cookie. As soon as I started the prep, rich nutty aroma woke me up.  Since it's very easy to make, the cookies were ready by breakfast time. There was no way that I can wait until afternoon tea time, so I had them with my morning tea. YES, morning tea with my delicate nutty cookies... What a lovely way to start a day!

Ingredients:

Peanut butter 50g
Butter 50g
Flour 100g
Sugar 50g
Egg 1
Baking powder 1/2 tsp
Almond butter 1 tbsp

1. Cream peanut butter, butter, almond butter together.
2. Add sugar into 1 and mix well.
3. Add egg into 2 and mix well.
4. Fold in flour and baking powder into 3.
5. Wrap the dough in a cling film and rest it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 180º. Cut the dough in shapes you like.
7. Bake for 18 minutes in the preheated oven.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment