Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Pistachio flan

I got a pack of Dr Oetker's pistachio flan when we went to France a month ago... And I finally made it yesterday.
Even with my poor french, it was so easy to make it thanks to the illustration on the back of the package. On there it said to use 1/2 liter of milk for a sachet (if I understood it correctly...), but I like it to be little firmer than usual so I used 400ml of milk and added a bit of cardamon for a bit of change.

It came out really well. A perfect texture, not too sweet, and I could test a hint of spice:) Humm, I thought it reminded me of something... I didn't know what to start with, but after a couple fo spoons, I realised it was the taste of 杏仁豆腐!  (Annin dofu, a chinese almond pudding). That made sence because almond and pistachio are similar and both have milk in it.

Well, I didn't think I can make 杏仁豆腐 easily in England, but now I've found a way to enjoy it more often! I still have three more sachets...all for me....;)

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment