Saturday, October 30, 2010

Big Desserts!


We've just got back from dinner. Our first night in NY City, so we decided to have something that looks like a real American diner.

I had salad which was huge that I had to leave to save some space for the dessert. I also had a little taste of Andy's sides, the corn cake (they call it corn cake, but it looks like a muffin...) and the apple compote. Corn cake was quite savory and the kicks of corn grits were something bit different. The apple compote was nicely done too though I was bit surprised by the fact they served it as a side menu for the main.

And yes, the dessert, New York Cheese Cake! They serve the cheese cake from a famous cake shop called Roxy. My first mouthful..., oooh this is what I call cheese cake! It's so rich that I felt like my mouth was covered with creamy cheese. There is no fancy top ups on this cake. It's just a pure, ultimate cheese cake. Seriously, taste-wise and potion-wise, it is one of the best cheese cake I've ever had, a must-try!



Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment