Monday, November 1, 2010

What I've found in NY, day2 & 3

On the day2 in NY, I was still feeling the cheese cake from the night before in my stomach...  so I decided not to taste big cakes but enjoy looking at them instead....

When we were wondering around the city, I found the M&M shop and the Hershey's shop. There I was like a kid in a toy shop again. In M&M shop, they've got huge tanks of chocolate with a lot of different flavours as well as funky novelty goods. Even for non-chocolate lovers, it is definitely a fun place to visit. While the M&M shop was spacious with 3 floor, the Hershey's was compact, but still they've got a good enough varieties.


On the day3, I was much more recovered from the jet lag and we've decided to have a super-tourist-day;)

First, the Statue of Liberty. When went on a helicopter tour to see her! When we are waiting for the flight, they gave us cookies. What a nice surprise! I like the service in America:) The cookies are those American type, crunchy outside and soft inside, yummy yummy;)

On the way to the Empire State building, we popped into Seven Eleven. Here Andy got excited when he found the slurpee:) With the icy cola and orange, we got on the subway....

Back in London, I have my favourite sweet and creamy drink called "flangelico banana smoothie" from our local bar, Sam's. Before leaving off to America, Ben, the bartender at Sam's gave us the recipe so that I can have my drink even when I'm away. Thanks to Ben, I've got my drink in NY! But..., remember we are in America! It was twice as big as the original!!

I've got one whole day left in NY, my search for American sweets continues....

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment