Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Japanese Curry Bread

Last weekend I made these very Japanesey bread buns, Curry bread (we call it カレーパン, Karē Pan.) As it's quite obvious from the name, it's bread with curry sauce inside. It's normally deep fried like a doughnut but I baked mine to make it healthier.

Not only did I put the curry in the middle but also I infused the bread with the sauce in order to get the curry flavour with every mouthful. I used Medium Hot curry sauce and covered the buns with homemade breadcrumbs (by the way, the word 'Panko Breadcrumbs' always makes me chuckle because it's basically saying breadcrumbs breadcrumbs...).

They filled the Japanese hole in my stomach very well. I baked some with mild kids curry for Lana's lunch;) She seemed to like it. :D


Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment