Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Yudane Wholemeal Bagel (湯だねベーグル)

Yudane (湯だね) is one of the techniques I use when I want to make soft springy breads. I often make a loaf by using this method but this time I opted for bagels.

I love bagels. They are so versatile! Even though I made only one batch of dough, I finished with four different types of bagels (plain, sweet corn, cheese and maple) by varying the fillings and toppings. :D

Thanks to Yudane, they were nice and springy but not to chewy, and the added bonus was I could really enjoy the natural sweetness of flour. Umm, with cream cheese and smoke salmon... yum yum...

Since Yudane is one of my favourites bread making technique and a popular style in Japan, I thought I'd share on BON APPETIT.

Recipe for Yudane Wholemeal Bagel.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment