Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Hot cross buns

On Easter weekend, I made hot cross buns for the first time. Instead of a usual hot cross bun recipe that has quite a bit of sugar and butter, I used my sugar free banana bun recipe as a dough.

You don't really taste of the banana but it plays an excellent roll of bringing a natural sweetness to the bread. Not only is the banana a good alternative to sugar but also it makes the bread dough nice and soft.

For the hot cross buns, I soaked dried fruits in orange juice for a little while, and mixed them into the dough.

I really liked these buns. I think I will make them more often!

Here is the recipe for Banana Buns.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment