Monday, April 15, 2013

Golf birthday cake for Ony

This weekend we went to stay at Forest of Dean to celebrate our friend, Ony's birthday. I know he is quite into golf so I made a golf cake for him.

I covered the cake with green incing frosting, then sprinkled with coloured coconuts flakes to make 'edible grass'. I placed a bunker which was made with sugar and twice baked sponge cake, and also a pond with blue glitter sugar.

I wanted to put a real golf ball and tee on the cake but we forgot to bring them ;(... However, Nneka helped me to create an edible golf ball out of fondant, thank you Nneka!, and..., there we were, Ony's birthday cake was complete..

Not only was the golf birthday cake a surprise, but also I added another touch to the cake. The inside was a checkerboard cake. ;)

I absolutely loved making this cake. The cake looked just how I imaged, the checkerboard was perfect, and most importantly everyone liked it. :)

Thanks, Ony and Nneka for inviting us. It was an awesome weekend!

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment