Friday, February 1, 2013

Milk Rye bread

Since we came back from Japan, I'd been feeling a lack of energy to go in the kitchen and bake...;( However, today I finally got off my bum and decided to bake for my girl (and Andy and myself...)

I used 'Yudane' method (湯だね) to make a nice soft bread with an unique flavour of rye. This time I also made a starter by using much less yeast than usual, flour and milk (I call it 'Nakadane' in my recipe below).

After a long preparation, the bread came out just how I wanted. My girl loved it. She ate almost the whole thing. I dipped it into a home made super spicy tomato soup. Look! My bread looks as if it was in a bath of tomato soup! ;D

So..., today's baking session was really good. It certainly lifted up my '.......☁☹☔' mind a bit. And... most importantly it was very rewarding to see Lana eating it so well. ;)

Ingredients:

Yudane
Rye flour 100g
Boiling water 100g
---
Nakadane
Milk 100g
Strong flour 100g
Yeast 2g
---

Strong flour 300g
Milk 150g
Sugar 40g
Butter 40g
Salt 4g

DAY 1---
1. Make Yudane by mixing rye flour and boiling water together to form a dough. Wrap the dough in cling film and leave it in the fridge overnight.
2. Make Nakadane. Warm up milk to lukewarm. In a bowl combine milk, flour and yeast and bring them together. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave it in the fridge overnight.
DAY 2---
1. Take out Yudane and Nakadane from the fridge in order to bring them to room temperature.
2. Combine all the remaining ingredients and mix with the standing mixer for 1 minute.
3. While continue kneading, add Nakadane into 2 little by little followed by Yudane. Knead for 10 minutes.
4. Place the dough in a clean bowl, cover the bowl with cling film and leave it until the dough has doubled in size.
5. Take out the dough on a floured surface. Reshape into a ball. Leave it for 10 minutes.
6. Shape the dough into a tin. Leave it until the dough has risen twice the size of the original size.
7. Preheat the oven to 200ºc. Bake 40 minutes.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment