Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Yeast Pancake

Happy Pancake Day! This year I made thick American style pancakes for breakfast.

Instead of baking powder, I used yeast as a rising agent and it made lovely soft think pancakes! I intentionally prepared a small amount of mixture last night that was just enough for the breakfast... because I didn't want to fill myself up in the morning in case there are more pancakes later on!

Ingredients:

Strong flour 50g
Plain flour 50g
Yeast 3g
Brown sugar 1tbsp
Milk 140g
Butter 30g

1. Melt butter. Warm up milk to body temperature. Mix them together.
2. Mix flour, yeast and brown sugar in a bowl by using chopsticks.
3. Pour 1 into 2. Mix with chop sticks. Cover with cling film and leave it in the fridge overnight.
4. Take out the mixture from the fridge. Heat up non-stick pan.
5. Pour the mixture onto the pan. When air bubbles start to pop on the surface of the pancake, turn it over and bake the other side.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment