Wednesday, February 13, 2013

French style bread 2

See previous French style bread

Here I am again, this is my 'French style bread at home' take 2! I've changed the amount of water and salt. I also made DIY steam oven by preheating the oven with baking beans and pouring hot water onto them when I put the bread in the oven. There are few other things I tried differently to the last time.

....And..., Look, it's improved! The crust is looking much better! The flavour was there! However, it didn't have as many air pockets as I wanted. The 'slits' on the bread needs more work.

So things I did this time:
1) 68% water.
2) I used a small amount of dough that I kept from last time. (Apparently at artisan bakeries it's a know practice to keep a bit of dough to use it next time.)
3) I did 'knead (or rather fold) and rest 20 minutes' three times, before I put the dough in the fridge.
4) 'DIY steam oven'

I'm getting there! Next time, I'm going to get more uneven air pockets!

See previous French style bread

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment