Monday, July 25, 2011

Posh peanut butter sandwich cake

A very simple vanilla cake with  peanut butter icing in the middle...This is indeed my dream sandwich...

I decided to call this cake "Posh peanut butter sandwich cake" because Andy described it "humm, it's like posh sweet peanut butter sandwich....". This nutty cake is so easy to make and no-frills whatsoever, but it does taste amazingly addictive. I was having it for my late lunch and before I knew half the cake was gone.... That's how good it is...;D

Well, like that famous french lady said... "let them eat cake...", I'm more than happy to have this cake sandwich instead of those boring sandwiches from supermarkets...

Ingredients;

Butter 175g
Sugar 175g
Flour 140g
Almond powder 50g
Baking powder 1 tsp
Egg 3
Vanilla extract 1 tsp
***
Peanut butter 5 tbsp
Icing sugar 2-3 tbsp
Water 1 tsp

1. Pre heat the oven to 180ºc. Cream butter and sugar together until it's fluffy.
2. Add egg into 1, and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, almond powder, and baking powder. Mix well.
4. Sift 3 into 2. Fold in.
5. Pour the mixture into a cake tin. Bake in the pre heated oven (180ºc) for 45 minutes. When the cake is baked, cool it down. 
6. Prepare peanut butter icing. Mix peanut butter, icing sugar and water together.
7. Slice the cake into half. Spread the peanut butter icing in the middle.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment