Friday, July 8, 2011

Apple & Ginger cake

A few days ago I made apple jam (Have you seen my Jam Family?)  which I was more than happy to eat as it is... yes.., I have a tendency of eating jams, butters and creams without anything.... However, since I went for an effort to make it, I thought I might as well make something rather than just eating it on its own...

So, I made really moist Apple & Ginger cake. I personally think apple and ginger go very well. Ginger gives a nice kick to the sweetness of apple. It tastes warm and homely, and it's something that I would love having on a rainy afternoon with a lovely cup of tea...

The recipe is very simple. It works with other jams or compote, so have a try with your favourite ones and see how it tastes;) Humm, what jam am I going to try next...?

Ingredients:

flour 160g
Almond powder 80g
Sugar 100g
Butter 100g
Egg 2
Baking powder 1tsp
Ginger powder 2tsp
Apple jam 5-7 tbsp

1. Melt butter. Pre-heat the oven to 180º
2. Beat egg and sugar until it's fluffy.
3. Add 1 into 2, and mix well.
4. In a separate bowl, mix flour, almond powder, baking powder and ginger powder. Fold them into 3.
5. Mix apple jam into 4.
6. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 45 minutes.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment