Thursday, July 21, 2011

Green tea brownie (抹茶ブラウニー)

So..., yesterday I rediscovered the fun of making brownies, which made me want to bake them more. In fact, I was thinking about making them whole day today. Well, that's what people call addiction, no?

Anyway, followed by yesterday's orange-coloured carrot brownie, today I went for green! Yes! My favourite frog, Kermit said "It's not easy being green." However, when you use a good quality green tea powder, you really get a bright green. Not only that, it has a lovely bitter green tea taste, which goes well with sweet white chocolate...

The intense taste and heavy texture will satisfy you after a small portion. With a hot cup of green tea (not sweetened please...), this brownie goes down nicely... Aghaaa, having a taste of home..., that's one of the moments when I appreciate being Japanese...

Ingredients;

White chocolate 50g
Butter 30g
Egg 1
Sugar 50g
Flour 40g
Green tea powder 15g

1.Preheat the oven to 180ºc.  Melt white chocolate and butter together.
2. Beat egg and sugar until it's fluffy.
3. Pour 1 into 2. Mix well.
4. Sift flour and green tea powder into 3. Fold in.
5. Pour the mixture into a cake tin. Bake in the preheated oven (180ºc) for 20 minutes.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment