Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Carrot brownie

I love it when a recipe I imagined in my head actually worked. And today was one of those successful times;)

My new recipe... Carrot Brownie! It sounds unusual but try it when you have lots of carrots and don't know what to do with them. I've used white chocolate just because I don't eat normal cacao chocolate, but I believe it would work just as good.

What is nice about this brownie is that you get a good nutrition from carrots while enjoying a soft and sweet piece of treat or two...

I'd forgotten about how versatile a brownie can be until now, but the success with this brownie made me want to experiment with more unique brownies... Well, wait and see how it goes...

Ingredients;
White chocolate 100g
Butter 25g
Egg 1
Brown  sugar 50g
Flour 65g
Cinnamon 1/2 tsp
Carrot (cooked and mashed) 170g
Vanilla extract 1 tsp

1.Preheat the oven to 180ºc.  Melt white chocolate and butter together.
2. Beat egg and brown sugar until it's fluffy. Mix Vanilla extract in.
3. Pour 1 into 2. Mix well.
4. Sift flour and cinnamon into 3. Fold in.
5. Mix mashed carrot into 4.
6. Pour the mixture into a cake tin. Bake in the preheated oven (180ºc) for 30 minutes.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment