Friday, August 22, 2014

Wholemeal sourdough bagels

Bagels..., I love both eating and making them, but I've been thinking 'agh, I can't be bothered to do that extra step of boiling water and cooking the bagels in it before baking...'

Yes, I was lazy.

However, my hungry brain won against my lazy bum.

I made bagels. Not only did I do so, I made five different types..., I can be motivated, sometimes....

Ingredients:
Wholemeal starter 125g
White strong flour 250g
Salt 4g
Water 145g
Oil 1tsp
***
Honey and water

If you're interested in more detailed recipe for this bread, please sign up to my mailing list. ;D
Email
 

I used my strawberry wholemeal sourdough for this recipe. It has such a nice beer-like smell that even with a simplest plain bagel you can get the sweet moreish flavour.

As I was shaping I added different fillings to each one of them.
(Here is how I shape bagels.)

* Plain
*Chocolate
*Blueberry
*Cinnamon & raisin
*Rosemary & pink rock salt

My favourite was Cinnamon & Raisin. ;D What's your favourite?

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment