Thursday, August 7, 2014

Sourdough Pancake - testing...

Lately I've been testing out recipes for pancakes made with sourdough.
Don't get me wrong!, I do like pancakes made with baking powder or soda (as I mentioned here...), but I love the more bread-like and chewy sourdough pancakes. Plus, that unique, savoury but very slightly sour-sweet taste is something that you can only get with sourdough pancakes. ;D

Ok, the recipe..., the honest truth is... I'm still working on it, but I thought I'll share my attempt because it went pretty well.

Ingredients:
Starter 60g
Plain flour 60g
1 Egg yolk + Milk = 50g
Honey 1 tsp (optional)
1 Egg white

I separated the egg and used the egg white to help rise the pancakes as well as make them more airy. It worked. The pancakes were very light, probably a little too light for me.

Next time I'm going to beat the egg white less and try not to burn the bottom of the pancakes! (Why does a kid say 'toilet!' at the most awkward timing...?)

They still tasted good and were perfect for light sandwiches ;D


Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment