Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Sourdough lemon cake

Sourdough for breads, yes, of course... 
but how about sourdough for cakes?
Yes! Totally possible and rather nice!

Ingredients:
Flour 100g
Starter 60g
Egg 1
Sugar 30g
Butter (melted) 30g
Honey 1tbsp
Lemon 1

Because the natural yeast in the sourdough starter is used as the rising agent, making cakes with sourdough starter takes much longer time than without. It took me about 4 hours before I put my cake in the oven. Yes I know, it's bit long but don't rush, the key to success is 'patience'.

And when you see the nicely risen fluffy cake, you know it was worth for all that waiting time... ;D

I tried using as little sugar as possible with this recipe without making it a lemon tasting bread-like thing (it's still called 'cake' so got to have some level of sweetness, right?). If you like your cake to be sweeter, add a few more tablespoons of sugar. ;)

Hope you all enjoy 'something-a-bit-different' cake with sourdough. :-d

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment