Thursday, July 17, 2014

Vanilla & Matcha Melon pan with sourdough starter

Following my last post, Sourdough Annn pan, here is another Japanese bread.

Melon pan!
(Are you thinking 'what's melon pan?', then here is the answer.;D)
Lana, Andy, and I, we all love this sweet buns. This time I made one with vanilla biscuit on top and the other matcha green tea biscuit. The matcha ones also have chestnut paste inside.

I think the beauty of Melon Pan comes down to the skin (the biscuit.) I like my skin to be nice and crunchy, not to thin but not too over powering to the bread. The ratio I usually do is '50g dough to 40g biscuit' for a bun.

Ingredients:
*Bread*
Starter (banana) 120g
Very strong Flour 250g
Milk 150g
Egg 1
Sugar 30g
Honey 1 tbsp
Oil 15g
Butter 35g
Salt 3g

---
*Biscuit*
Butter 60g
Sugar 115g
Plain Flour 200g
(For matcha, use 190g flour +  10g matcha powder)
Egg 1

Not only is the biscuit goes well with the sweet bun, but also it's pretty awesome as is. So, if you get any leftovers, bake them at 175 ºc for 10 minutes, then another 10-15 minutes at 150 ºc.
They are so moreish. ;-d

Inside the Matcha Melon Pan.
Chestnut and Matcha, it's like a dream team!

They are best eaten on the day they are baked (if you could kept them long enough...), but if you're having them the following day, I recommend you put them in the fridge (since it has chestnut paste inside) and take them out to room temperature or warm them up slightly in the oven before you eat them.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment