Monday, July 28, 2014

Sourdough Raisin Loaf

This raisin loaf is not just 'bread with raisins', it's more than that...

1... The raisins are super juicy.
2... Plenty of raisins to satisfy your raisin hole.
3... And, It's sourdough! (are your one of those sourdough lover's like me?)


Ingredients:
Flour 250g
Starter 125g
Brown sugar 15g
Salt 4g
A good couple of  handfuls of raisins
White wine (enough to cover and soak the raisins)

The secret to the juicy raisins is the white wine. You cook the raisin in white wine (I use sweet one) so that the raisins are nice and soft, then let them soak up the wine overnight. Add half the prepared raisins a minute before you stop mixing the dough, and the rest for the final shaping.

I don't like it when I get burnt raisins on bread, so I make sure all the raisins are nicely tucked inside before putting the dough in the tin.

Every mouthful you get juicy raisins;)

Do you toast your raisin bread or not?

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment