Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pumpkin tart

Another day with pumpkin;) I made a very rich and creamy pumpkin tart using my pumpkin cream (it's the same cream I used for the pumpkin cream bread).

I kept two pieces for Mr and I and shared other pieces with Andy's mum and dad and neighbours.

The bright orange smooth filling and well baked sweet pastry with a hint of cinnamon was such a comforting treat in an autumn afternoon. Yum yum yum...

Oh... Halloween is coming soon. Why not try it then?
Ingredients:

Sweet pastry 1 (See here)
Pumpkin cream 500g
Sugar 150g
Salt pinch
Cinnamon powder 1/2 tsp
Vanilla pot seed 1/4tsp
Egg 3
Flour 80g
Crème fraiche 180g

1. Prepare the sweet pastry. Line the pastry on a 9 inch tart tin. Prick the bottom of the tart case with a fork. Rest it in the freezer.
2. Preheat the oven to 180ºc. Make the filling. Beat sugar, eggs, salt, cinnamon and vanilla together.
3. Sift flour into 2 and mix.
4. Add pumpkin cream and creme fraiche into 3 and mix well.
5. Take the tart case out from the freezer and pour the filling into the case.
6. Bake in the preheated oven (180ºc) for 60 minutes.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment