Wednesday, October 3, 2012

黒あん・白あん (Black bean paste, butter bean paste)

As I said on the previous Sesame pudding post, I'm going to share how to make black bean paste (黒あん, Kuro-an).

So..., it's pretty much the same as Azuki but this time I used freshly grated palm sugar.

Ingredients

Dried black beans 250g
Palm sugar (grated) 150g
Salt pinch
Water

1. Soak the beans overnight.
2. Put the beans in a large pot with enough water to cover the beans. Bring it to boil.
3. When the water is boiled, pour the water away and replace with fresh water. Bring it boil again.
4. Turn the heat down. Add sugar and salt. Simmer until the beans are soft.
5. Mash them in the way you like. 



I also made butter bean paste which is called 白あん (Shiro-An). All you need to do is to change the black beans to butter beans and you'll have a nice white bean paste. ;D

Those bean pastes can be used in cakes, puddings, biscuits... but also nice as is... So, I made little Kuro-An balls and Shiro-An balls for my after dinner treat. Yum yum yum;D

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment